By now we hope you have read why hiring an arborist is important for the longevity of your trees.
Proper tree care is an investment that can lead to substantial returns. Well-cared-for trees are attractive and can add considerable value to your property. In addition, healthy trees filter rain water to protect watersheds, absorb harmful gases to humans, moderate the effects of our climate, and reduce yearly heating and cooling costs year round.
Tree work should be done only by those trained and equipped to work safely in trees. ISA Certification is a tool to help us as an employer in both training our personnel and selecting new employees.
At Arbortek we follow the ISA Code of Ethics seriously.
To earn an ISA Certified Arborist® credential, you must be trained and knowledgeable in all aspects of arboriculture. An ISA Certified Arborist® must first meet all requirements to be eligible for the exam, which includes three or more years of full-time, eligible, practical work experience in arboriculture and/or a degree in the field of arboriculture, horticulture, landscape architecture, or forestry from a regionally accredited educational institute.
After the field work requirement is complete, the arborist can take the ISA exam. The certification covers a large number of topics giving the candidates flexibility in the arboricultural profession. The arborist will be tested in:
- Soil Management
- Identification and Selection
- Installation and Establishment
- Safe Work Practices
- Tree Biology
- Diagnosis and Treatment
- Urban Forestry
- Tree Protection
- Tree Risk Management
(This certification is accredited by the American National Standards Institute, meeting and exceeding ISO 17024).
The benefits of the Certification Program include the following:
• Studying for and passing the exam, reaffirms to the arborist and their peers a thorough knowledge and dedication to arboriculture.
• Certification affords the public and those in government the opportunity to make an informed selection of services based on the knowledge that is represented by the certification designation.
• Becoming an ISA Certified Arborist, and maintaining the designation, provides incentives to the individual to continue his or her ongoing professional development in arboriculture.
Arbortek Trees proudly employs and supports the ongoing development and certification of our arborists. Are you interested in becoming an arborist? Make sure you partner with an organization that adheres the to ISA standards.